mIRC Setup Guide
How to Connect to FinalGear.com's IRC Chat
- Download a copy of the mIRC software from the mIRC Homepage.
- Double click the downloadeded file
- In the setup window, click
- Accept the license agreement
- Set the destination folder and click the button
- After the installation of mIRC is complete, click the button
- You will now see a icon on your desktop
Double click the icon
- The first window that will come up is the Registration window, as is not a free software.
You can register here via the button or just click to finish setting up the options
- The next screen is where you enter your information
Most people do not enter their real name and email address, its your choice
Fill in all four fields, , , ,
For our tutorial, we will be using the same user information throughout
- Now click on the button and then click the button
Fill in the information from the below picture, then click the button
irc.finalgear.com 6667 or 8000 ( 7001)
- Click the tab, then the button
Click the checkbox, click the button,
Select from the list, click the button.
- Add the following line in the text box: , click the button.
Click the button again.
- Click -->
- Once you are connected to the , it will automatically open the channel window as well
- You now need to Register your chosen nickname, with the following command:
You need to use a REAL email address and your own password. The picture below is just an example.
You will receive a confirmation email, follow the instructions in it.
- Just so that you don't have to identify (prove that you are the owner of the nickname you are using), you can add the command to your perform
Click --->--->, then click on the button and add this line:
Click the button, and again the button.
You now have mIRC setup, so that every time you connect, it will automatically log you in, and join the channel as mentioned in the Perform area.
Still have any problems, ask us via the FinalGear Java chat link, here.